Moon and Sun (2011)- full story



(the story is not suitable for under the age of 13, potentially disturbing (and depressing) parts, indications of more explicit scenes). The story is originally part of the ,,Short Stories", but it is separated due to a somewhat more complex structure and is also complemented.
----------------------------------

 Night. Everything felt into sleep. Someone has been sleeping for years and is not awakened from the dream- little Sun Jin, a fifteen-year-old girl, lays in a coma for years. Sometimes she gives signs of life, sometimes she's at the edge of death, but her parents insist on staying on the appliances and giving all necessary to return her to life, but unsuccessfully.

 Her twin sister, Moon Jin, was always with her, waiting for the day she would talk to her sister again, but that day did not come for years and did not seem to come again. She couldn't even believe that innocent children's play and accidentall fall from the second floor would leave her without person she loved the most on this world, she sometimes blamed herself for not reacting fast enough to catch Sun Jin before she tripped over and fell from the unfenced terrace at a nearby building site.

 The doctors warned their parents that there was no longer any purpose for Sun to be on appliances because there was no improvement and that they had to reconcile with reality, but at that time something awful happened- Moon was abducted by unknown hijackers, most likely because of money, with no extortion or any trace, so they could not find her. On the day the parents quit the searching for Moon, Sun suddenly woke up and recovered rapidly in just a few days, which her family and cousins celebrated as the biggest holiday in their lives. In order not to mourn over the Moon they did not mention it and did not remind Sun that she had a sister, so that topic got forgoten after a while.

 This story is happening in Japan, three years after the Sun's miraculous recovery, in a peaceful, inter-mountainous, martial arts school. Covered in nature, the school had a lot of polygons for exercising, while there were plenty of plants in the garden, the trees in whose shade were the tables and benches and through the garden was a stream that was forming a river not far from school. It was a magical place.
 
 Sun, with an orange bag and a suitcase, waited in front of the entrance for somebody else to show up. The silence. Just silence. The annoying silence.
 Rolling of the suitcase's wheels broke a silence and announced someone's arrival. The girl with long black hair was approaching. Such a hair is not a rarity in Japan, with Sun having a short hair since childhood - so they made a difference between her and Moon, which she, of course , she did not remember.

 Sun: "Hello!" Girl: "Hey, hello! I'm Yo Lei, and you?" Sun: "Sun Jin, I'm glad to meet you! It will be fun here!" Yo Lei: "I know, I'm glad to have signed up for the first generation this year, we will meet more people, we will learn so much. I'm so exited! " Sun Jin: "Are we going to leave things? I do not know who I am in the room with, I do not know where to check ..." Yo Lei (looking at leaflets on the door): "Here, here it says ... Hey,you are with me!Yaaaaaaaaaay! Come on, let's get settled before the arrival of others!"

 The first generation slowly came-an American Jack, a muscular boy with light brown hair and mustaches that made him look more mature. Australian Rocky, a girl of lower growth and short brown hair, then a nice Swede Lora, blonde hairy hair and slightly taller than other girls.

 At the beginning of the class, two students Moon Yang and Lin San finished talking; the first one was with black hair with fringes falling over the white band, the other had a more orderly blonde hair.

 Lin San entered the room, Moon Yang left things in the locker, and the last person was hurrying to arrive for the first class,accidentaly hitting a Moon Yang and turning to apologize. The girl in the purple kimono and the hair tied to the bun stood in front of him and their eyes meet, as though some magnetic attraction held their glances sticking together, they barely entered the cabinet,all the time looking into the eyes of the other. It was an attraction at first sight, which they were not aware of at that moment.

 They introduced themselves and came to Sun Jin. Sun Jin: "My name is Sun Jin and I am from Japan, I came to learn some martial arts and to meet new people!" The girl in the kimono turned pale and quietly said: "Sun ... that's her ...", and then the profesors's voice turned her back, he asked her to introduce herself.

 The girl stood up:" I'm ...well... sorry ... I'm a little lost, I apologize. My name is Moon Jin. " Sun smiled, thinking that last name was the only thing she shared with this stranger, and Moon Yang was listening completely enchanted- the Moon lady seemed to him as the other half of his soul.

 Moon Jin (continued): "I'm here because ... it seems that the fate itself has led me. I do not know anymore, all I though that I know is laughing at my face and proves that I made a big mistake. "

 After a while, Moon Jin came to Sun Jin: "Sun, you are alive?! It's me, Moon!" Sun (confused): "I know, we have the same surname, that's cool!" Moon: "I am your sister, do you remember? If nothing else, Mom and Dad tell you about me, didn't they?" Sun (even more confused): "No, no, I am an only child. I do not have brothers and sisters , maybe you've mixed me with someone ... "Moon:" Oh, God, how can I mix my twin sister who I watched in the nights, hoping to wake up and be like before again? I can not mix you with anyone!" Sun Jin : "I'm sorry, Moon, I really do not have a sister, I asked my parents, and so they said. I suspect that, if you really are my sister, they would cover such an important thing! Do not worry, I'll behave like friend to you anyway what we will, hopefully, and become after a while, maybe we will be like sisters! I want to be so and I hope you will find your sister soon. (leaves)" Moon (as she left):" It's impossible that my parents did not mention me... I do not understand anything anymore,she looks too much like her not to be my sister, again, maybe she's not ... Does my mind play tricks with me?I'll let time to show me the right way and the solution."

-

 The next day they had the first lessons from kung fu and karate and they learned something about muscle warming before training, which greatly eased their exercise.

 Lunch: the students sit at the tables outside and talk. Jake (to Lora): "How is it that such a sweet girl attends a martial arts school?" Lora: "Well, I heard about it and I wanted to learn something for self-defense. Guys don't always have to protect girls, right?" Jake: "I would protect you from the invasion of zombies if you ever need it." " Lora (blushing):" It's okay to know something a bit. (Laughter)" Lin San (Yo Ley): " Do you want some more rice?" Yo Lei:" No, thank you, I'm full.(Smiling)" Rocky (takes a bowl and pours rice into a plate): "You eat a little, it so weird to me, you're very active and yet you aren't overeating." Lin San:" It's probably a different metabolism or a different diet. " Sun Jin (Rocky): "I do not know about them, but I love food, mostly sweets! Chocolate is my favorite, I missed it because I did not eat it for years." Rocky: "I love chips. (laughter) Good, I throught I eat too much, I would be embarassed" Sun Jin:" Haha, there is no need, differences in cultures are a beautiful thing, it would be very boring if we are all the same."

 Moon looked numbly in front of her, shifting the fork left and right and not even taking a bite. Moon Jin: "Eat, you will need the strength." Moon Jin: "Do you believe in coincidence? Do you believe that some things happen for a reason? " Moon Yang (grasp her hand): "From yesterday, I do believe.(looks in her eyes)" Moon Jin (sighed):" I'm so confused. I want this dark path to light up so I can go back safely again, like some child. " Moon Yang (smile): "Nothing lasts forever, nor even problems. The darkness is a break,keep it for a while until you gather strength to go out in the sunlight, since the sun always shows things to the way they are- it does not let you imagine about what kind of creatures can hide around, shows the cruel truth.Prepare for that truth in the shadow of the night and wait for the sun's rays ready. "Moon Jin smiled and nodded.

 The night fell and Moon Jin came out in the garden illuminated with a moonlight. She heard the rustling of the grass behind her, turned and saw the Moon Jang. Moon Jang: "Why are you alone? Aren't you afraid to be alone outside in the middle of the night? " Moon Jin:" I'm not afraid, the moon keeps me safe. He is my guide, my light, gives me strength and makes me powerful. How about you? "

 Moon Yang got a little confused by the tone she asked him. She said it almost whispering, but somehow ... seductively. Moon Jin: "Are you okay?" Moon Jang: "This ... well, yes, I'm great . It's also a guide for me, I'm proud to have his name, just like you. Would you like to take a walk with me in the garden?" Moon Jin nodded and went with him. They walked, then moved to the bench and talked until the deaf time of the night, until they fell asleep together on the bench.

 The sun is out. They are at meditation class. "Meditation and yoga are important to focus on the struggle. Martial arts serve for self-defense, not for attack!" - said Yoko, a great connoisseur of yoga, pilates and meditation .

 Evening; Moon looks out the window. The light blue transparent curtain let the rays of light through its threads, painting the room into the blue. The door knocking was heard. She opened up and was surprised to see Moon Yang. Moon Jin: "What are you doing here? Come in, hurry because it is not allowed for the guys to be in the female part of the hall after eight in the evening." M. Jang:" I know. (entering) You're in the room alone? You do not have a roommate? " M. Jin: "No, the girl who signed up has given up, so I am alone. Better for me, I can go out at night whenever I want. Are you in a room with Lin San?" M. Jang: "Yes , he fell asleep. I could not stand it, I had to see you. I think about you very often. " M. Jin: "Same, something pulls me towards you. (Approaching him) I want you." M. Jang: "What happens in private is the sweetest thing."

 He let her bun down, letting her long hair fall over her shoulder, making her brown eyes stand out, and then leaned and kissed her. Her arms embraced his neck as he tightened her tightly in his arms, then pulled down bow of her kimono and took it off, which she did with his T-shirt. They continued with it ...

 There was a time to wake up. Professor Yoko knocked on the door of every room, Moon Jin and Moon Yang heard it and furiously dressed up. Moon Jang: "He can not see me here! He'll know right away what's going on, I gotta get out of here before he gets to the male section! " Moon Jin: "Get into the bathroom, I'll talk something while you go out. Be ready."

 Prof. Yoko (after Moon opens the door): "Good morning, was everything okay?" Moon Jin: "Well, actually, I do not think so- I think the squirrel came into room from the window!" Prof. Yoko: "Squirrel? How's that?" Moon Jin: "The window was open and I think it went in and hid under the bed. I'm afraid of a squirrels." Prof. Yoko (laughs): "You? Really? They are so cute and sweet!" Moon Jin: "Well ... that's some fear from childhood ..."

Prof. Yoko (entered): ,, Let me take a look. (Bends under the bed) Come squirrel, get out! " Moon Jin showed Moon Yang to get out of the bathroom, which he immediately done and left. Yoko: "There is no squirrel, do not worry." (notice the band on the cabinet) Is this the Moon Yang's band?" Moon Jin:" Yes, I borrowed it to see how it suits me. (Puts it on the head ) Ha, you see, it's not really my style. (Nervously)" Prof. Yoko (imagine):" ... We can make some bands with the school logo for everybody! Thanks for the idea! (Goes to the door)" Moon Jin (nervously): "Of course, of course ... You are welcome, here, I'll come down immediately."
 She left a sigh of relief that Yoko did not suspect anything, so she hoped that Moon Yang was able to get to his room.

They meet in the hallway later. Moon Jin (offered him a band): "You forgot this in my room. (Laugh) Don't be surprised if prof. Yoko bring a lot of these with the school logo, he has a fixed idea." Moon Yang (laughs):" What was that with a squirrel? " Moon Jin: "It came to my mind first (they both burst into laughter)"

-

Exercises were outside this time. Jack more openly showed sympathy for Lora, Lin San was shy about that which was no problem for Yo Lei, Rocky chatted most with Sun Jin, while Moon Jin and Moon Yang were immensely attracted to each other. They agreed to meet again in the garden tonight, somewhere far away from the school.

 As soon as Lin San fell asleep, Moon got out of the room and walked there. Moon Jin waited, dressed in a light silk dress and with a cherry blossom in her hair. Moon Jang: "I'm here, Jin. The male energy of Yang and Jin's female energy,an unmistakable connection... Created for each other... Balance of the cosmos and the harmony of life. "Moon Jin:" Yesterday, as the entire world was stopped in utopia,the energy floated around and gave me the strength. Make me feel like this again. " Moon Yang (unlocking the buttons on her dress): "I felt the same yesterday, I never felt anything like that in my life for another person. (gently kisses her, silk dress falls on the grass) I want it to last forever. "

 The moon in the first quarter gave a gentle blue glow to their bodies, and the stream looked as if hundreds of fireflies were playing on it. As the Moon disappeared, so did they know they had to come back, but they wanted to lie a little further among the fallen cherry flowers, whose smell was stunning. Jin and Yang. The creators of the universe.

***

Time went by and it's time for ...

 "Yeeeeees! We're going to Tokyo! It'll be awesome!" - Rocky yelled at the passenger van. Lora: "Jack, are we going to a candy shop?" Jack (kiss her cheek): "Where can we find the sweeter thing than you?" Lin San (Yo Lei): "Do you want to go to some J-pop concert with me?" Yo Lei: "Of course, this is my favorite genre of music! You needed a long time to ask me to go on a date, but it was worth it.(smiles)" Prof. Yoko:" Just to remind you, Tokyo is like a hive and you must be careful not to get lost! " Rocky: "It's okay, we're not a children, we'll be good.(laughs) Do not worry, professor. "

 They were placed in the hotel and all the guys were in one room, Yo Lei and Rocky in the other, and Moon and Sun Jin shared the third room. Moon knew that now is the right time to get out of the darkness and find out, once and for all, whether Sun is her sister or not. Now, like a child who sees the monsters in the darkness, she thought that in the Sun she sees the echo of her past, someone who has the same name and looks like her sister, but who claims that has no brothers and sisters at all, but she could not do it anymore, it was time for the sun to show the truth. It all seemed crazy.

 Night.Sun is sleeping with a solid sleep. Unlike her, Moon Jin can not sleep. It would be easier for her to go to Moon Yang, but Sun could wake up and report that she is gone. No, this wouldn't be good idea.What to do? How to draw informations about Sun? Japan has more than one billion people, the likelihood of names matching, the mongoloid type of face is standard, even the hairstyle is not something unusual. She needs solid proof, something that will convince her Sun is her beloved sister.

 Before it disappeared behind the soliter the moon lighted the room with a tiny air, creating a light path towards the Sun's bag, so Moon went in and headed for her. "No, I can not fumble around her stuff.It's not cultural." - then she looked at Sun and thought again: "Forget the culture, I need to find out if it's her..." In the purse, besides things that were not so important, she found the picture.Very, very familiar picture ...

 The sun's sunburst reaches Sun Jin's bed. It's daybreak. Sun woke up and saw Moon holding a picture in her hand, and the bag was wide open! Sun: "What are you doing ?! You want to steal something or just fumbling? I'll call a prof. Yoko! (Heads to the door) "Moon:" No! Stop! I do not want to steal anything, I swear, I just wanted to prove what I knew from the beginning. Who is this in the picture? " Sun (takes a picture): "This in the left is me, and this is ... I do not know, maybe it's my friend. I do not remember that period, for years I've been in a coma, (Moon cries) I'm glad I had at least one friend and I hope to see her again one day ... Why are you crying? "Moon:" The picture was created a few days before you fell from the terrace on the construction site, the last picture before you felt in coma, you have seven years on it and it is the last picture on which the twin sisters are together. This friend ..." Sun: "... You know all that ?! That means you are ... "

 Moon:" Yes. Your twin sister. I am this girl on the right. I was abducted three years ago and the last thing doctors said is that you will not be able to wake up, so I should not believe it was you ..." Sun (looks to the mirror): "We look alike so much... Oh, how stupid I am!" Moon (huggs her): "You're not, sweetheart." Sun: "I remember you called me that way! That's you! I remember ... they built an object nearby, we went to play ... you went to take our dolls in one room and I slipped on the wire and fell down... But why did not parents say anything? "Moon:" I do not know, it's not clear to me either! They changed the phone number, I tried to call after I ran away from the kidnappers, I did not know how to come home alone. I do not understand. " Sun: "Did the hijackers hurt you?" Moon: "They did not had time for that, I escaped in time. I just hope they won't look up for me again." (pause) Do you have a home's phone number? " Sun: "Of course. (writes down) You're going to call them?" Moon: "Yes, I have to see what's happening and why they did not tell you the truth."

-

 She went to the first telephone booth on the street and called the number. Moon: "Hello? Can I talk to a Mr. or Mrs. Jin?" Mr. Jin: "Mr. Jin on the phone." Moon: "Father, that's me!" Mr. Jin: "Sun, daughter, you are calling!" Moon: "No, Father, it's Moon." (pause on the other side) Hello? Father? "Mr. Jin:" You are a misfortune. You took your sister to that place and, until you disappeared, she was in a coma. Get away from us, your sister is better off without you. " Moon: "But ... I'm not ..." Mr. Jin: "Your sister is good and we do not want you to come back, you would bring her bad luck as well as the first time.Live your life away from us. Sun is the source of life; the Moon will only reflect its light by the end of the world and will never shine itself. Farewell. "
 Moon returned the reciever to the place, lowered to the floor of the booth and started to cry. Moon Yang was passing and quickly came to her: "Hey, what happened? Who was allowed to hurt my brightest star in the night sky?" Moon Jin: "They don't need me anymore ... (through tears) They do not want me!" Moon Yang: "I need you, I will always need you, and those who reject you are not even aware of the kind of treasure they have pushed away. The hell with them." Moon Jin: "The moon ... only reflects the light, does not shine. I do not shine. I am the darkness. No one wants it, everyone wants the light. " Moon Yang: "Darkness is a break from the light - no one can stay in the light forever. You are needed, without the balance of light and darkness there is no harmony. Night is a rest of the soul. Without that rest, man does not function normally. The Moon takes as much light as needed so his beauty can come to light, no one has ever complained about the Moon as people complain about the Sun on a daily basis. Come on, we go to the hotel, I will not let anything happen to you." Moon Jin (rising and embraced him) :,,Thank you."

 She went back to the room, where Sun was waiting for news. Sun: "And what did they say? Have you talked with them?" Moon (looks in her eyes): "Listen to me: I will not let anything hurt you again, I will protect you with my life. If anything ever happens to you because of me, I swear to you that this will be the last day of my life, I would never forgive myself for such a thing. " Sun (surprised): "Why are you saying that? What does that mean?" Moon: "They think I brought you an bad luck and you fell because of me, and that it all got better when they took me away." Sun (astonished): "Oh, for God's sake, that's not true! Do not listen to them, after all , we are together in school for months and everything is fine. (smile) At the end of schooling, we go home together and then we will live happily again as before, everything will be fine. They will see they overreacted. " Moon (smiles): "Yes, I want it to be so that we can be happy again. I'm waiting for that day."

 Months passed after that, some things changed.
Rocky encouraged Yo Lei to first reveal her feelings for Lin San, and the two of them could finally be in the right relationship, Jack and Lora have already agreed on where to live after school and started thinking about the wedding, Jin sisters still hid that they are related, wanting to announce it on the last day of the school.

 Moon Jin and Moon Yang sat on the bench. Moon Yang: "In a few months, the training is over and I ... I wanted you to ... become my wife after that." Moon Jin (surprised): "Of course! I'm very glad for us to get married, but there's still a lot of time. " Moon Jang: "I know there is plenty of time,I just want to slowly plan everything. Better to be sure than sad."Moon Jin: "Of course, we will do a great event, the Jin and Yang family does not reunite every day.(laughter)" Moon Jang:" It will be an event that people have not seen in their lives."

 Only a few months shared Moon and Sun from the returning back home and the wedding that was in the plan, so they waited anxiously for the end. Too bad only that the word ,,end" has a completely opposite meaning from what we want.

 In time, after her hair grew Sun began to resemble Moon, so it happened that the rest of them often mixed them, which was always a bit fun and no one was angry either.

 Professor Miyako: "You need to know how to properly dosage the medicine's plant, for example, this plant has a fluid whose three drops are enough to alleviate mental discomfort, but ten drops can cause breathing to stop, even death!" Rocky: "You're telling us that to "eliminate" somebody? (laughs)" Prof. Miyako: "Never, but to never overgo with the dose when you treat someone. Or yourself. Here, in the greenhouse, you have all the plants that we are talking about at the class, use them according to the prescribed rules." Lin San:" And this purple, is this flower toxic? " Prof. Miyako: "Uh, it's very toxic, we use a root tincture, but the seeds are poisonous, just like a flower petals. It works by putting the person to sleep and, within 2-3 hours,no one can help her anymore.(pause) Well, my dear, next time I'm teaching you to create a balm for stretched and painful muscles. "Lora:" Wow, I can hardly wait, sometimes I barely walk after training! " Yo Lei: "These months have been known to be tough, but we're getting closer to become masters of martial arts!" Jack: "Yes, we are so close ... we count the week to the end. It will be very sad for me when it's over . " All together: "Same." Lin San: "Wow, people, let's not start weening, we still have a lot to study!" (everyone burst out laughing and slowly go out to lunch) "

 Moon Jin's kidnappers found her location and it was only a matter of time when they would do something. They had plan to kill her so she won't report them to the police.

 The garden was beautifully lit and the cherry blossom's fragnance floated in the air. Moon Jin and Moon Yang agreed to meet in the garden. Seeing a girl with black hair he wanted to surprise her with the kiss and ran after her and, thinking that this was his beloved one, kissed her...

 Moon Jin (coming, shocked): "Moon Yang, what are you doing, why did you kiss her?" Moon Yang: "Sun? Dammit, I'm sorry! I wanted to surprise Moon, but ...You look identical, I did not want this to happen ... I'm sorry, I apologize to both of you. " Sun Jin: "No, I'm guilty, I was not supposed to go out now ... (starts crying) I'm sorry, I'm sorry ... (ran to the gate of the school)" Moon Jin (stepping after her): "Stop , you did not do anything wrong, I'm not angry, come here!" Sun Jin came out of the school yard, not seeing she was a target, and then shoting started.

She was hit with several shots, which quickly killed her. The kidnappers thought it was Moon Jin, and they quickly escaped without a trace,so they could preserve their identity and not be caught.

 Moon Jin came to the dying Sun with a tough step, kneeled and embraced her, and then she said through tears: "You died because of me ... Those who kidnapped me wanted to kill me, not you ... These bullets were intended for me, you had nothing to do with this! Sweetheart, wake up! Sister, sister, we said we would come home to be together again, as it used to be, and now this has happened ... Why? "Moon Yang (in shock):" Sun is...your sister?! Oh God... maybe it would be better to call for help, I'll run as fast as I can! "

 The school doctor could only announce death.

 While the others said farewell to Sun, Moon Jin went to the greenhouse. She looked around,searching for something, and then spotted the flowers they had mentioned a few weeks ago. The purple flowers have already closed their poisonous petals and sunk in a dream,but that did not prevent Moon from picking and hiding them under her kimono. At the exit from the room she took a bottle of sleep drops.

 Professor Miyako: "You took some medicine?" Moon Jin (shows the bottle): "Yes, this. (all the time numbly) It will help me fall asleep." Prof. Miyako: "You go rest, Moon Yang told us everything, you are surely out of pain. These are not strong drops, but do not overdo it. I'm sorry, accept my condolences." Moon Jin: "Thanks. I'll go now. (going to the room) " After ten minutes of writing Moon Jin lies in bed and falls asleep.

 Morning. Moon Jang enters to visit Moon Jin, slowly appealing. Seeing something on paper, he decides to read what it says: "My twin sister died for me, this fact breaks my heart and I can not bear it. Our hearts were two hearts that knocked as one and a man can not live normally with half of heart. When something hurts her it was as if it hurts me, when she was sad I could not smile either, when there is no her there won't be me either... Do not call this a suicide, I did what I had to do ... "

 Moon Yang dropped the letter on the floor and began to call her name loudly, but she did not wake. She held the remains of violet flowers without petals and an empty bottle of the drug that she took from the greenhouse,her body lost color and became cold. It was too late to save her.

 Sisters Jin were buried in the beautiful garden of the school. Moon Yang was unconsolated, he barely survived the loss of his beloved.

 All the other students finished school and insisted that in front of the school they make a statue in the shape of the Sun and the Moon in memory of Sun and Moon Jin. Request is accepted so in a few months the beautiful statues of the Sun and the Moon also decorated a beautiful garden. School of martial arts attracted more students because of this story.

 A few years later, Yo Lei and Lin San were married and sometime earlier Jack and Lora were too.Rocky shared her knowledge and taught young generation ancient skill of martial arts, but often visited the old school.

 Moon Yang was last seen in the commemoration of sisters Jin and then he got lost. Some people claim to have seen him on the highway, near the bridge, completely numb, walking in the middle of the road without noticing the vehicles around him. Did Jin and Yang met again somewhere in space? ...

The End
Suzana Ristic Suza
original is the last story in the "Short Stories" (autumn 2011), the new version was completed on June 27, 2018 at 6:40 pm
----------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amortica

Tišina (2023) - nova pesma